Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your 1st level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you'll fine-tune you dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You'll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you'll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home with Dive West, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world - PADI.
To enroll in the PADI Divemaster course:
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activites. Through knowledge developement sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develope the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activites. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activites and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Your instructor may also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
What this course includes
Course fees of $800* cover the cost of your PADI Divemaster Crew Pack, tuition to the Divemaster course and Divemaster certification card once the course is passed and completed.
What you need to purchase
* eLearning from PADI - Click the link below
The PADI Divemaster Online program will provide you with perpetual access to an ebook version of the PADI Divemaster manual, a required material. However, to complete the PADI Divemaster course, you also need a current PADI Instructor Manual, both the RDP and eRDPML, The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, and a set of the PADI Divemaster slates (which is included in the PADI Divemaster Crew Pack)
In addition to course fees,
As a dive professional, you'll be required to have all your basic scuba equipment (mask, fins, snorkel, boots, wetsuit, BC, Regulator, Computer, dive knife, and surface signaling device). During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you'll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Your PADI Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.
Once you become a working Dive Professional, most dive shops require you to wear the gear that is sold in the dive shop you are working for. This will be discussed during your training.
Open water park, travel or lodging fees are also not included.
Start your eLearning Today
FILL OUT ONE FORM PER PERSON AND BRING TO DIVE WEST TO SCHEDULE YOUR CLASS: